The Ombudsman will handle matters of transparency where terms of contract have not been met.
In case of banking complaints, she will not treat with matters relating to:
- The general interest rate and risk policies concerning the granting of loans.
- The pricing of products and services in the case of banking complaints credit decisions.
- Any transactions that occurred prior to January 1, 2003.
In the case of insurance complaints, he will not treat with:
- Insurance premium rates and underwriting decisions
- Group pension plans and deposit administration schemes
- Actuarial calculations
- Surrender values and investment rates for life policies
- Alleged false or misleading marketing practices
- Third party personal injury claims arising out of motor accident
- Any act or omission that took place prior to January 1, 2004